Welcome to the Longsands Academy Learning and Professional Development blog. The purpose of this blog is to share knowledge and ideas, to start conversations and debates, and to enhance the professional expertise of our staff.
The DfE’s Standard for teachers’ professional development states that, in order to be effective:
1. Professional development should have a focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes.
2. Professional development should be underpinned by robust evidence and expertise.
3. Professional development should include collaboration and expert challenge.
4. Professional development programmes should be sustained over time.
And all this is underpinned by, and requires that:
5. Professional development must be prioritised by school leadership.
This blog will feature recommended books, journal articles, blog posts and more, all linked to various aspects of professional learning.
If you have any recommendations, suggestions or comments, please do get in touch.